Life is about opportunity. The moment to grasp and hold onto for dear life. Sometimes there comes a chance for golf lovers to play a Championship Course.
Golf enthusiasts can enjoy 18 holes out on our The Mere’s Course and practise their swing on the North West’s only floating driving range, stop for a bite to eat in its delicious Club Lounge or browse the latest designer sports clothing lines from Peak Performance and J. Lindeberg in the Golf Shop.
Unrivalled and open to all, our James Braid designed golf course is undoubtedly one of the best prepared and well-conditioned golf courses in the North of England.
The 18 hole, 6,882 -yard, par-71 course was created out of 150 acres of Cheshire parkland in 1934. The surrounding mature trees, rhododendron bushes and the lakeside setting add considerable charm, and provide challenging hazards on this Cheshire golf course. Water, ravines and thick vegetation have been incorporated into the layout so that care and accuracy are demanded both from the tees and on the greens.
To prepare for the challenges of The Mere’s golf course, we offer players a unique, floating golf ball driving range, two-tier pitching green, putting green and bunker practice area where players can warm up before a round. Over the years, The Mere has hosted several high profile championship tournaments.
Our golf facilities include :-
• Unique floating golf ball driving range
• Practice facilities which include chipping green, putting green and short game practice area
• Expert Golf tuition with our resident Senior Golf Instructor
• Golf Shop with extensive golf apparel and hardware ranges
• Luxurious Club Lounge & Bar
• Unique 11th Green Bar
• Golf buggies and electric trolleys to hire from our Golf shop
• Tee times available throughout the year
• Hire sets
Full Address: Chester Road , Mere , Knutsford , Cheshire , WA16 6LJ