Sandiway Golf Club was established in 1920. The very highly-rated 18-hole course is set in mixed heath and woodland and has been developed from the original course designed by Ted Ray, the first Ryder Cup captain.
Harry Colt was called to make improvements in 1925. Additional holes, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th, were built in 1955 to the design of Fred Hawtree following the loss of the original 2nd and 3rd when the adjacent A556 was widened.
From the white tees and at par 70 with standard scratch 72 an enjoyable test of any golfers’ ability is ensured whatever his or her handicap.
Full Address: Chester Road , Sandiway , Northwich , Cheshire , CW8 2DJ