Barnado’s standard store offering good quality new and pre owned clothing, bric-a-brac, jewellery, handbags and much more.. Donations always welcome.
We are Barnardo’s. We transform lives.
We’ve come a long way since our founder, Thomas Barnardo set up a ‘ragged school’ to help disadvantaged children in 1867.
Now we’re helping hundreds of thousands of children, young people, parents and carers across the UK.
We don’t abandon children because of who they are or what they’ve done. We listen to them, fight for their rights and do whatever it takes to protect and support them – because we believe that all children have the right to a happy and healthy life. Read more about our values.
At a time when more young people need specialist help with complex issues like sexual abuse, mental health problems and serious violence, our work is more vital than ever.
Times have changed and we’ve changed with them, but our belief in the potential of every child remains.
Because this is who we are.
We’ve had a busy year;
In 2017-18 we reached, helped and transformed the lives of 301,100 children, young people, parents and carers.
Our plan through to 2025 is to build stronger families, safer childhoods and positive futures for young people. Find out more about our priorities in our Corporate Strategy.
This means we focused on three core areas:
• Mental health and wellbeing
• Child sexual abuse (CSA)
• Children in and leaving care
For the young people we helped that means we:
• improved primary school pupils’ emotional and social skills in Northern Ireland
• supported people like Ryan with our joined-up approach to harmful behaviour in Wales
• gave young people like Elise a safe space to talk about what she was going through
• helped young people like Ayisha to recover from neglect, trauma and suspected sexual abuse
• gave therapeutic, emotional and practical support to looked after children and care leavers like Joel
For every £1 you donate, we spend approximately:
• 91p on working with children and young people
• 3p on governance and pension finance costs
• the remaining 6p on raising the next £1
Full Address: 16 Frodsham Street , Chester , Cheshire , CH1 3JL